Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chocolate Pancakes- Good Morning!

Chocolate Pancakes
Good morning, beautiful!

I love chocolate for breakfast... There, I said it! So if I can pass the chocolate off for breakfast food I will. Here we have a perfect combination of chocolate and breakfast foods: Chocolate Pancakes.

These sweet flapjacks are the perfect cure for an early morning chocolate craving. This is a tried and true recipe from the Meeker family that never fails. It makes thin, light, fluffy, and flavorful pancakes. If you prefer thicker pancakes just slowly add more Bisquick/pancake flour until the batter is your desired consistency. So without further ado, in order not to delay you from getting your sweet tooth fix here is how to make these chocolate pancakes.



Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 Cups- Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix or pancake flour (plus some if you want thicker pancakes)
  • 3/4 Cup- White Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1 1/2 Cup- Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons- Vegetable Oil
  • 1 teaspoon- Vanilla
  • 2 Eggs


Instructions:

  1. Heat non-stick griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or turn pan on stove to medium heat
  2. Sift together Bisquick Mix, sugar, and cocoa powder in medium bowl
  3. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil
  4. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth
  5. Ladle 2/3 cup scoops of batter onto griddle/pan 
  6. Flip right before all the bubbles pop and cook until batter is fully cooked in the center (about 45 seconds per side)


Chocolate pancakes are good enough to eat on their own but are also delicious with butter and syrup, of course...

Naked and fabulous!


Here they are in all their glory, part of a balanced breakfast!

Enjoy... they're chocolate, I know you will!



5 comments:

  1. Yum, your chocolate pancakes look delicious, definitely pinning to try for breakfast! :) I am also hosting a new recipe link-up this week, Monday Meal Planning Recipe Link-Up, I would love to invite you to share your recipe at my linky party. :) http://www.aprilshomemaking.com/2014/03/meal-planning-monday-recipe-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite April! I will definitely go share my link and post your cute button on my page!

      -Katherine
      King's Bakery and Cooking

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy!! I would love for you to come link it up at Lovely Ladies Linky! We would love to see what other deliciousness you have to share :) http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/lovely-ladies-linky-link-26/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks beautiful and delicious! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I look forward to seeing what you will share this week. :-) http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/03/try-new-recipe-tuesday-march-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried these this morning. Quite sure I had the right amount of all ingredients, yet my batter was VERY thin. Adding more Bisquick to desired thickness helped. Flavor and texture were both very good, BUT for some reason these are much stickier on my griddle than any other pancake I've ever cooked (and I've been making my family pancakes almost every Sundar for the last decade). Wondering if it's because I used a high fat content cocoa. Or maybe because there's a lot of sugar in this recipe. Even so, after some tweaking this might become my default chocolate pancake recipe. A tip: whipped cream on the pancakes, and extra chips on the whipped cream make it look even more delicious. And pairing with strawberries and raspberries another added bonus, especially for the grown-ups. Maple syrup not needed.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10