So I have to say that this recipe was totally made up on the fly today because I had a wicked craving for apple pie but did not want to labor over an entire pie because I have other important things to get done, like browsing Netflix! Since it was made up on the spot there aren't any photos of the prep process, sorry... But there are pictures of these cuties all done and ready to be snacked on.
At first I didn't have any kind of a drizzle on top of the lil bites but I thought they looked naked that way so I threw some melted peanut butter on top in a cross-hatch pattern and the flavor definitely adds an extra hint of deliciousness! YAY! You could use any other drizzle you are in the mood for like chocolate chips, caramel, or Nutella but peanut butter was calling to me today.
The prep for these apple pie bites is super easy and the only "required" kitchen gadget is a mini muffin pan but you could just as easily make them in a regular muffin tin and they would be just as good and just a little bigger. Also, I will say that I had a little trouble getting the graham cracker crusts out of the tin so I would recommend lining the tin with either parchment paper or some plastic wrap or something in order to make prying these out of the pan a little less agonizing for you than it was for me.
This recipe made me a dozen little bites but I would recommend making a double batch since they are relatively small and oh-so- snackable.
Here is the step-by-step:
- 8 Graham Crackers
- 4 1/2- Butter (melted)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple- Cut into very small bits (about 1/4 inch)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons- Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon- Butter
- 1 teaspoon- Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon- Nutmeg
- Optional toppings- peanut butter, caramel, Nutella, or Chocolate chips
- Place graham crackers into food processor or blender and process until they are fine crumbs
- In a bowl mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter
- Pack about tablespoon portions into greased mini muffin tins making sure the mixture comes about 1/2 inch up the sides in order to hold the filling in
- Set in fridge to cool while preparing the filling
Filling and Assembly-
- Making sure your apple is cut into small pieces toss with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Melt butter in medium sized pan over medium-low heat
- Cook apple mixture in pan for about 3-5 minutes until barely softened and coated with butter- stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature
- Remove graham cracker crusts from mini muffin tin and fill each with enough filling to come up to the top edge of the crust
- Optional- Melt a few tablespoons of desired topping (peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc.) in a plastic baggie, cut the corner off, and drizzle on top of the pie bites.
And that is how you make these cute Mini No Bake Apple Pie Bites!
Thanks for stopping by- Enjoy!