Tuesday, January 21, 2014

6 Ingredient Drop Biscuits


I have been trying to find more recipes recently that will become staples in my kitchen and this is a perfect example of that! These are super easy drop biscuits which are not the type of baking project that you look at and think they are something to "tackle". These only take a few minutes to mix and plop on a baking sheet, then you're good to go. I would say they take about the same amount of time that it takes me to pluck up the courage to pop open those terrifying canned biscuits, plus they're ten times better because they're homemade! The six ingredients in this recipe mix together to create some of the lightest, fluffiest, and most delicious biscuits I have ever eaten (which is something I never thought I'd say about some simple biscuits).
Here is how to make them:


Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups- All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon- Baking Powder
  • 2 teaspoons- White Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon- Salt
  • 1/2 Cup- Melted Butter (not too hot)
  • 1 Cup- Milk





Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F
  2. Combine all dry ingredients in medium bowl making sure they are well mixed, I put mine through a sifter several times to ensure this
  3. Stir in butter and milk until batter is just moistened
  4. Drop batter onto lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon (I dropped by my biscuits in lager portions and it made 9 good sized biscuits).
  5. Bake in preheated oven until edges are golden brown, about 8-12 minutes, serve warm with butter (I baked mine 10 min and they were perfect all the way through).



These drop biscuits are perfect for the imperfect baker who is busy and just wants something quick to make with dinner. There are a bunch of easy changes that you can make to these biscuits: you can add cheddar into the batter or sprinkled on top, you can mix in garlic to the melted butter for a little hint of flavor, chives or bacon can be mixed in too, there are a ton of possibilities!

Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10