Monday, January 20, 2014

Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe


Okay, so this last holiday season I made gift baskets with a bunch of homemade goodies in them but the star of the show was the apple pie moonshine (of course)! If you've never had apple pie moonshine before it is exactly like drinking apple pie and even the pickiest cocktail drinker will love it, but it will sneak up on you pretty quick if you don't watch out. What most people don't realize about this delicious drink is that it is super easy to make and I have had A LOT of people ask me for the recipe so I decided to post it here! I also decorated the mason jars that I used to package the hooch and I will include the information for that project as well.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Gallon Apple Juice
  • 1/2 Gallon Apple Cider
  • 3/4 Cup White Sugar
  • 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 4 Cinnamon Sticks (the fresher the better- have extras if you want some in your mason jars)
  • 1/2 Liter of 190 proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear, or equivalent 

If you cannot buy 190 proof alcohol in your state,
the highest proof of grain alcohol will do
Directions:
1. Bring apple juice, apple cider, white sugar, brown sugar, and fresh cinnamon sticks to a boil
2. Remove pot from stove and allow to come to room temperature (this is the longest part of the process)
3. Once it reaches room temp slowly stir in grain alcohol
4. You can either serve this now or store it for later in sterile mason jars with one cinnamon stick in each (it will be even better after a week or two)


A few notes about this recipe:
-This is a great cocktail served with ice
-If you feel like being daring you can add one fl. Oz of vanilla vodka to your glass and make this apple pie "a la mode"
-This recipe makes about 4 1/2 quarts (I doubled this recipe and it filled abut 19 pint jars with some leftover)



Mason Jar Decorations:

I used burlap fabric and twine that I bought from Hobby Lobby to decorate my mason jars, but you could definitely use any fabric or ribbon of your choice. I slightly overlapped the burlap in the back of the jar with small dots of hot glue then tied the twine around and secured it in a bow. I put one cinnamon stick in each jar and secured the lid tightly. Also, it is important to store these jars in a cool dark place until you decide to drink them. Mason jars are pretty easy to find and I got a case of a dozen 16 oz (1 pint) jars for $9.99 at WinCo but I also know they sell them at Target, Fred Meyer's, and Hobby Lobby. These are so cute and super easy to decorate.






Have fun and drink responsibly!


 Subscribe to King's!


http://kingsbakery.blogspot.com/ http://kingsbakery.blogspot.com/ http://kingsbakery.blogspot.com/ http://kingsbakery.blogspot.com/ Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10