Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Delicious Vanilla Cupcakes- Gluten Free

This is an awesome recipe for gluten free vanilla cupcakes that I tried last night and I am so excited about it!

I have tried a bunch of different gluten free baked goods and when there is a good one (not crumbly and dry) it is a revelation! This made a yummy, dense, moist, not-too-sweet, vanilla cupcake! I used my all purpose baking mix for this and it worked like a charm, which I am happy about.

A lot of the time home-made gluten free baking can result in an extremely dry and crumbly mess which loses quality by the minute as it cools but this is really tasty and would be a perfect go-to cupcake for someone looking to go g-free.

Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes:
Yield: 12 cupcakes, one 8" square layer; or one 9" round layer.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup- Soft Butter (room temperature, not melted)
  • 1 Cup- Sugar
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup- Milk (I used reduced fat but any percent will do)
  • 3 tsp- Gluten Free Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 Cup- Gluten Free Baking Mix (see my recipe for it HERE)
  • 1/2 tsp- Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp- Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp- Salt


Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers. You can optionally grease the cupcake papers but I skipped this step and had no problems. (You can also use this recipe for a cake: lightly grease an 8" square or 9" round pan)
  2. To make the batter: Beat the soft butter and sugar until thoroughly combined and somewhat lightened in color. I whipped mine for a while to ensure a lighter batter.
  3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
  4. Combine the milk and vanilla.
  5. Combine all dry ingredients. I sifted mine together
  6. Stir one-third of the baking mix into the mixture; stir in half the milk, another third of the baking mix, the remaining milk, then the remaining mix. Scrape the bowl occasionally throughout this process.
  7. For cupcakes, scoop the batter by level ¼-cupfuls into the prepared muffin tins. (For a cake spread the batter into the prepared pan) 
  8. Bake 20 to 22 minutes for cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, and the middle springs back when pressed lightly. (Bake 30 to 35 minutes for a layer cake)
  9. Remove from the oven. Serve warm; or cool completely, then spread with the frosting of your choice.



I frosted my vanilla cupcakes with a lemon buttercream frosting that I made and you can find the recipe for that HERE
These cupcakes are really dense and moist (even on the second day) and this recipe is a good staple to have in any gluten-free kitchen!


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10